Welcome all, today we’ll be discussing my ‘O’Neill Wetsuit Cleaner and Conditioner Review’.
I’ll be going through the pro’s and con’s, finishing with whether it’s worth the money or not. Here’s a breakdown of the blog post…
1. O’Neill Wetsuit Cleaner and Conditioner Review Video
2. Good Things About The Product
So, let’s start with the good things about O’Neill’s wetsuit cleaner and conditioner…
- It’s the cheapest wetsuit cleaner / shampoo I’ve bought for the size (250ml)
- It cleans a wetsuit really well
- The instructions are real easy to follow
- Lasts the longest out of the wetsuit cleaners / shampoo’s I’ve used
3. Not So Good Things About The Product
- Doesn’t add any nice smells to the wetsuit like other shampoo’s
- Might be specific to my bottle, but the top cracked and started leak
4. Would I Recommend This Product?
So, would I recommend O’Neill’s wetsuit cleaner and conditioner? In short, yes.
Firstly, O’Neill’s wetsuit cleaner and conditioner did a great job of cleaning my wetsuit. This is obviously the only reason people buy wetsuit shampoos, so this can’t go overlooked.
Secondly, the consistency of the shampoo is thicker than other wetsuit cleaners. This means it lasts lot longer than other wetsuit shampoo’s out there. A 250ml bottle is the usual size for these things and it was easy to get five washes from a full bottle.
Last but not least, it managed to do all of the above at the cheapest price.
5. Wetsuit Shampoo Alternatives
But, what else is there out there is you guys fancy trying something different? There are two other shampoo’s that I’ve used and reviewed that offer a few different advantages…
1. Rip Curl ‘Piss Off’ Wetsuit Cleaner
First up is Rip Curl’s ‘Piss Off’ Wetsuit Cleaner.
This wetsuit shampoo is more expensive per bottle but does offer some great wetsuit protection qualities. If you’d like some more information, check out my ‘Rip Curl’s ‘Piss Off’ Wetsuit Cleaner Review’.
2. Coco Loco Wetsuit Cleaner
Second up is Dirtbusters Coco Loco Wetsuit Cleaner and Deodoriser.
This is a proper decent wetsuit cleaner if your main aim is to remove unpleasant smells. With a bottle full of eucalyptus extract, this formula turns any old wetsuit into a nasal delight. If you want more info, check out my ‘Coco Loco Wetsuit Cleaner and Deodoriser Review’.
Well guys I hope this ‘O’Neill Wetsuit Cleaner and Conditioner Review’ has been helpful.
With O’Neill’s history in the surf industry it’s not a surprise they were able to come out on top in the shampoo wars. However, there are some other alternatives out there that can tailor to other wetsuit needs.
Be great to know your thoughts in the comments if this review helped you out. As always, be sure to follow on the usual socials below to keep up to date with the latest surfing content!
Next read: ‘What Wetsuit Do I Need Quiz’