Welcome surfing friends to my ‘Rip Curl Piss Off Wetsuit Cleaner Review’.
In this review I’ll be taking you through the pro’s and con’s of Rip Curl’s ‘Piss Off’ wetsuit shampoo. We’ll then finish with whether it’s worth the money and some wetsuit shampoo alternatives.
1. Rip Curl’s ‘Piss Off’ Wetsuit Cleaner Review Video
2. Good Things About The Product
So, what’s good about Rip Curl’s ‘Piss Off’ Wetsuit cleaner?
- It cleaned the wetsuit well. The dirt and oils that were on and within the neoprene were all been cleaned off.
- The cleaner uses a non-ionic surfactant. This basically creates a shield stopping any further dirt or oil getting into and onto the material.
- The bottle is a fairly good size at 250ml so you should get a good five washes out of it.
- Instructions are really easy to follow.
- It’s got a great name!
3. Not So Good Things About The Product
- It was the most expensive wetsuit shampoo / cleaner out of the three leading products in the market.
- There were no bubbles at all during the cleaning process.
- Although the solution smells great when you’re cleaning the wetsuit, the smell doesn’t remain on the wetsuit once it’s dry.
4. Would I Recommend This Product?
So, the main question – would I recommend Rip Curl’s ‘Piss Off’ as a wetsuit shampoo? Well, the simple answer is no and here’s why.
There is no doubting Rip Curl’s ‘Piss Off’ shampoo did do a great job of cleaning the wetsuit. And yes, it does give that non-ionic surfactant shield that protects the neoprene material for your next session. But, I believe there are other wetsuit cleaners out there that do just as good a job for less money.
I would however, recommend buying it as a one off and use it every now and again for the non-ionic surfactant shield.
5. Wetsuit Shampoo Alternatives
So what would I recommend as a good wetsuit shampoo? There are two that I’ve used that I think are better value than Rip Curl’s ‘Piss Off’ product…
O’Neill’s Wetsuit Cleaner + Conditioner
At a lower price per bottle than Rip Curl’s ‘Piss Off’ product, O’Neill have their own wetsuit cleaner and conditioner. This is another wetsuit cleaner that I would recommend ahead of the Rip Curl’s. It’s also the product I used as part of my ‘How to wash a wetsuit‘ post.
Coco Loco Wetsuit Cleaner
The second wetsuit cleaning product I’d recommend ahead of Rip Curl’s ‘Piss Off’ product is Dirtbusters Coco Loco Wetsuit Cleaner and Deodoriser. This is a great wetsuit cleaner if your main aim is to remove unpleasant smells from the material.
Well I hope you guys have found my ‘Rip Curl Piss Off Wetsuit Cleaner Review’ helpful.
I’ll be aiming to do more surfing product reviews in the future. Let me know in the comments if there’s any other wetsuit shampoo’s you’ve tried, I’d love to give them a go too!
As always, be sure to follow on the usual socials below to keep up to date with the latest surfing content!
Next read: ‘Brand New vs Second Hand Surfboard’