Post Updated:🕓 3 min read
Hi guys, this is the first of three wetsuit shampoo / cleaners reviews I’ll be doing. Today is the ‘Rip Curl Piss Off Wetsuit Cleaner Review’.
I’ll be taking you guys through the pro’s and con’s of the product and then finishing with whether I think it’s worth the money as a wetsuit cleaner. Obviously these are just my views on the product but I’m hoping this review will help those looking for a wetsuit shampoo / cleaner.
Rip Curl’s Piss Off Wetsuit Cleaner Review Video
Good Things About The Product
So, let’s start with the good things about Rip Curl’s Wetsuit cleaner…
- It cleaned the wetsuit well. The dirt and oils that were on and within the neoprene were all been cleaned off.
- The cleaner uses a non-ionic surfactant. This basically creates a shield stopping any further dirt or oil getting into and onto the material.
- The bottle is a fairly good size at 250ml so you should get a good five washes out of it.
- The instructions are really easy to follow.
- It’s got a great name!
Not So Good Things About The Product
- It was the most expensive wetsuit shampoo / cleaner out of the three leading products in the market.
- There were no bubbles at all during the cleaning process.
- Although the solution smells great when you’re cleaning the wetsuit, the smell doesn’t remain on the wetsuit once it’s dry.
Would I Recommend This Product?
So, the main question… would I recommend Rip Curl’s Piss Off Wetsuit Cleaner to you guys as a wetsuit cleaner? Well, the simple answer is no and here’s why…
There is no doubting Rip Curl’s Piss Off product did do a great job at cleaning the wetsuit. And yes, it does give that non-ionic surfactant shield that protects the neoprene material for your next session. But, I believe that there are other wetsuit cleaners on the market that will do these things for less money.
I would recommend buying it as a one off purchase to get your own views on the product, but the cost is the main blocker for me. At almost £12 a bottle on Amazon in the UK, I don’t think I can have it as my main wetsuit cleaner.
Similar Wetsuit Shampoo Alternatives
So what would I recommend as a good wetsuit shampoo? There are two that I’ve used that I think are better value than Rip Curl’s Piss Off product…
O’Neill’s Wetsuit Cleaner + Conditioner
At a lower price per bottle than Rip Curl’s Piss Off product, O’Neill have their own wetsuit cleaner and conditioner. This is another wetsuit cleaner that I would recommend ahead of the Rip Curl’s. It’s also the product I used as part of my ‘How to wash a wetsuit‘ post.
Coco Loco Wetsuit Cleaner
The second wetsuit cleaning product I’d recommend ahead of Rip Curl’s Piss Off product is Dirtbusters Coco Loco Wetsuit Cleaner and Deodoriser. This is a great wetsuit cleaner if your main aim is to remove unpleasant smells from the material.
Well I hope you guys have found my ‘Rip Curl Piss Off Wetsuit Cleaner Review’ helpful, I’ll be aiming to do more surfing product reviews in the future. Let me know in the comments if theres any other wetsuit shampoo’s you’ve tried, I’d love to give them a go too!
Feel free to check out my other social media channels and let me know what you think!
Recommended next read: ‘Brand New vs Second Hand’
Share this post